My Thoughts Exactly

9/23/08

Jafta has figured out that I'm pregnant. I haven't said anything yet, so I'm not sure if someone told him, or if he's just suspicious of my growing belly. For 10 weeks pregnant, I somehow look 6 months pregnant. Anyways, on our way home from preschool today, he asked me if there was a baby growing in my tummy. I told him yes. And then he asked me what kind of baby it was going to be. "A new baby", I said. And Jafta replied:

"OH!! I want it to be Keanan! I want to go see Keanan tonight and bring him home!!!"


I hear ya, buddy.
It makes me so sad to know that he will probably come home well after this baby is born. I want Keanan home in a big way. Our family feels incomplete, and as excited as I am about a new baby, it also feels heavy to know that life moves on as we have one member not with us. It's interesting how Jafta, at 3, so often articulates the feelings that are laying beneath the surface for me.

4 comments:

dreamingBIGdreams said...

yes my kids always want Amos and Story to come home! I love those hearts of theirs.

:)jamie

Anonymous said...

Just came across your blog. I really, really, really have a heart for adoption. These pics of Keanan are so cute. I pray he comes home soon. We're looking into adopting, but people around us keep telling us "not every need is a calling" etc, etc.

But the I look at this kids face and think, yeah... right.

:o)

Stephanie said...

This story is so precious! The day we returned home from meeting our boys in Haiti, our 3-year old son cried for his brothers (somehow he had missed the fact that they were not coming home on this trip.) May Jafta's wish come true very soon!!

janis said...

Hello~ I ran across your blog and have been so touched. You are so strong, couragous and loving. Remember that God has a reason for this wait for your family to unite. ALthough it seems unfair, please have faith, and don't give up. You have truly inspired me and others. My daughters are now 18 & 19 and as a Mother I can understand your frustration. Your family is in my prayers. I look forward to reading of the progress to the day you are a family together living under the same roof.

 
site design by designer blogs